.

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Book Happiness! David Mack


I found this gem while browsing at Comics R Us today (a fantastic comic books store on Level 1, 220 Bourke Street, Melbourne - an immaculate establishment run by super friendly enthusiasts. I'm a newbie to the scene, but I sure feel the comic book love in that store :D ).

Reflections just stood out from the rest of the pack on the shelves, and there was serious competition on that long back wall!

Reflections Vol. 1, No. 8, 2007 is an eclectic collection of David Mack's beautiful work; paintings, drawings, musings, and even jerky handiwork from when he was five :D

It made my breath catch, and as I held the volume in my hands, all I could think was 'Wow!'

Until today, I had never heard of Mack, but I suspect he is going to do some serious damage to my bank balance.

Kabuki series: gimme gimme!

UPDATE:

Check out this interview with Mack.
http://patrickhickeyjr.tripod.com/david_mack_interview.html

"Investigate everything, keep what resonates with you, and funnel that into your work in a way that fits your point of view and enriches your work. The biggest point of advice, I can give is to just do it. In the process of doing it, you figure out how to do it, and what you want out of it."

Ok. Gotta get my hands dirty again :)

No comments: