.

Saturday 7 April 2007

Book store disappointment

So, our very own embarrasment-of-a-whackjob-red-neck recently released a book and of course, she had to wheedle some sex into the trash for sensationalism.... and of course, the Shitty 3 (Channel 7, 9, 10 - commercial tv stations in Oz with pathetic standards for news and current affairs coverage), lapped it up and reported the too-much-information-who-gives-a-shit-anyway trash on the news.

After some investigating, I discovered that several of the major book stores in Australia have organised book signings for the trash (as listed on the whackjob's site - which I won't link to). Here ends all purchases by me from Borders (already on my blacklist for other reasons), Angus & Robertson and Dymocks.

I'm fine with book stores stocking her book but arranging a book signing is altogether a very different thing.

My book shopping will now be confined to Readings, Reader's Feast, Amazon, and Booktopia.com.au

No comments: