.

Thursday 26 July 2007

Shouting from the rooftop: Great Love

10 years ago today, Scooterboy and I began our adventure together. Right now, he is on a plane, on the way home, to celebrate this day on which we found each other, and the wonderful years we have spent together.

I looked for a gift to commemorate this day but everything I considered just didn't seem quite right. Nothing seemed to capture my thoughts about him, about today, about our life together, about the fact that because of him, I get to be in love every day.

Then I chanced upon this gem, The Gift of Nothing.

Perfect.

So, I shout from the rooftop, my words from our wedding last November.

The last nine and a half years have been the best of my life. You have made me so very happy.

I often find myself thinking life just doesn’t get much better. But, I find that I am wrong because every year with you has been better than the last and every year, I find myself even more in love with you.

Someone recently asked me if I believed in soul mates. I absolutely do. You are my soul mate. Who else could make me laugh pretty much every day in the last nine and a half years? Who else could make me feel this love, that gives me my understanding of what life is all about.

You are the smartest, funniest and most extraordinary man I could have ever wished to cross paths with in life.

I love you, Paul, and I hope that when we are both old and gray, we will still walk hand in hand on our adventure. You and me against the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*tear in eye*